The Winemusing Sessions are now open for Richmond-upon-Thames residents!
A series of professionally run tastings will be run online so that you can learn about wine and taste along with me in the comfort of your own home especially for TW10, TW9, TW1, TW2, TW11, TW12.
Are you in the delivery area? Please see section below.
Did you know that Winemusing Sessions are now run at TW2 The Green in Twickenham!
For more information about live sessions, please click here.
The Winemusing Sessions ONLINE will include:
- A 40 – 60 min live or partly pre-recorded masterclass about the topic of the day followed by a live tasting discussion.
- Four wine samples that have been selected to illustrate the topic.
- Some short tasting notes about each of the wines will be available after the session.
How to join:
Please register via joining the MailChimp mailing list here. You will be contacted with information about future events.
Book your tickets now via Eventbrite!
Tickets are now available on Eventbrite, please click here to purchase your ticket. (Tickets now closed)
Here are the scheduled events for 2021:
22nd April 2021 – Wine & Cheese matching
20th May 2021 – Rediscovering Australia!
June 2021 – Coming up Rosé for summer! (date to be confirmed)
21st July 2021 – Chill wines for Summer
These events will be run live at TW2 The Green.
18th August 2021 – Wines of the Meditteranean
16th September 2021 – New World vs Old World wines
14th October 2021 – Getting more value for your wines
17th November 2021 – Food and wine matching
15th December 2021 – Wines for Christmas!
About the sessions:
Sessions will be run on a variety of topics. These topics may be basic wine knowledge, exploring different varieties, exploring different wine regions, exploring wine styles and exploring different wine options based on occasion.
- What’s hot! Wines for Christmas
- Exploring Spanish Wines
- Exploring Australian Wines
- Introduction to how wine is made
- Introduction to wine and food****
- Wine basics on how to choose better wines, taste wines and serve wines
- How to match wine to Afternoon Tea
All sessions will be run on MS Teams which may run in a browser if you do not wish to download an app. MS Teams is free to use. You can read about it here.
The sessions will have at least 6 participants to run to a maximum of 12.***
**Sessions are restricted to people over the age of 18 if alcohol is being tasted.
***Sessions may be cancelled and refunded if the minimum participant number is not reached.
**** you supply your own food suitable to your needs and I will supply the wine.
About the wine samples:
The aim is to make the wines as accessible as possible. Where ever possible, the wines will be available in the Twickenham vicinity or on-line. This will also allow you to easily find these wines in the future.
- The samples will be poured from the same bottle for all participants into 60 ml or 100 ml (stated at time of booking) labelled sample bottles. This will remain fresh until the time of the tasting. The bottles can be returned for use in the future. A deposit will be included in the ticket price to cover the cost of these items and that deposit will be returned when the bottles are returned. Or you can choose to pay for the bottles outright each time.
- These samples will be either hand delivered to your door or you can pick them up from a central location at a set time depending on Covid-19 Government conditions at the time. A person over the age of 18 must accept delivery in every case.
- The standard tasting sample is usually 30 ml, so the amount in the bottle will allow a generous tasting. Please follow health guidelines from DrinkAware.co.uk for more details.
- Each wine’s details will be available on-line via a link before the event and tasting notes after the event.
- It is recommended that you use quality glassware that is designed for wine to enhance the tasting experience.
- All wines chosen are chosen independently for their relevance to the theme. There is no financial benefit involved in these choices.
Note: Please note that wine may contain allergens that will not be disclosed on the bottles. It is a participants responsibility to research whether a sample is suitable for their needs. In addition, not all wines will be suitable for vegan or vegetarian participants.
The sample bottles will be delivered in a plastic carrier bag which will have been disinfected by someone wearing gloves and either put out for collection or with prior arrangement, will be delivered. All care taken but no guarantees of covid security. Because there is no guarantee, please put to the side for 48 hours before opening. Please wash your hands thoroughly after handling the carrier before that time.
Boundary of delivery area:TW10, TW9, TW1, TW2, TW11, TW12 During Non Covid-19 restrictions participants outside of these postcodes will be welcome if they pick up their wine samples from the Twickenham area. Alternatively, if you wish to purchase your own wines and still join the event, please contact me using the contact form here.
- Payment via Eventbrite when the event is published, or cash (if agreed prior) is required before samples or entry details for the session are released.
- If you mistakenly book and you are outside of the boundary of delivery area during Covid restrictions where you are not able to pick up your samples, your ticket amount will be refunded however, the eventbrite fees will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be offered if participants cannot attend a session after booking. In some circumstances, a future event may be offered ex-gratis.
- No discounts are offered for doing sessions without the tasting pack.